Thursday, May 28, 2009

looking for inspiration...


I have an upcoming show. It's organized by the Burnaby Arts Council and will be shown at Deer Lake Gallery in Burnaby.

My piece will be one of many 12"x12" ‘Art Projects in Support of the 2009 World Police & Fire Games‘. All of the art works have to have something to do with "fire". It can be literal or just reflective of a thought or feeling associated with fire. I love the idea of this show and I am really looking forward to seeing the vast outcome of all of the artists involved. It is fascinating to me, the great differences people see and feel in what can literally be viewed as the same thing.

I have not decided on the fate of my 12x12 panel yet...still looking for inspiration and time!


Sweet Inspiration

I long for you my sweet inspiration
Misplaced amidst the daily confusion.
I withdraw to thoughts of you and I
Harmonious and free,
As though a ravenous strength has devoured
My anxious self and ascended me to all I can be.

The air cools, the dreary brightens
My solitaire self no longer frightens.
Adaptation of lament to creation
How I long for you my sweet inspiration.


Leesa Hanna



No comments:

Post a Comment