
"The Long Road Home" mixed media on board 8x10
I have been contemplating time once again. It is such an important factor in our lives and becomes more prevalently so when you have so little of it. It's like water or food, or a public washroom when you are travelling through Thailand. You never really notice it's absence, or appreciate it to it's fullest value until it becomes a longing...a desire...a need.
Like all of these wonderful revelations that come with time, age and wisdom...I wonder why, when I had so much time on my hands, why wasn't I creating more? What was filling this time? Well at first thought, I'd have to say sleep was up at the top of the list, but what else? I can think of many things I would do when I had time...cooking, watching TV, cleaning, organizing the utensil drawer. All of these things, as mundane as they are, filled my days without much thought or focus. Then I came to the conclusion that the true key to having success with whatever it is you truly want out of life is focus. Time, though it is essential, is not always obtainable so we need to use whatever tools we can to continue on with our true desire and aid in the achievement of our destiny...focus!
Just a thought...
No comments:
Post a Comment